Funny coming back here after 5 years away from this place.
My profile page is an amusing snapshot of my life 5 years ago and it's got me all nostalgic, thinking about much things have or haven't changed:
- It says "...has quit smoking (again)" up there underneath my username. And 5 years later, sure enough, I'm still struggling Let that be a lesson, kids - smoking is bad for you.
- My listed interests are still the same. I still love websites, basketball, F1 (go VETTEL) and poker.
- My last journal entry was about my first iPod (the first gen nano). I'm now a full Apple convert. I work/play on a MacBook Pro and an iPhone.
- I was probably a better designer 5 years ago than I am now.
- I'm 28 years old now, no longer 24, sadly.
So even though I don't do design anymore, if I hadn't joined DA nearly 9 years ago, I wouldn't have been inspired to develop my Photoshop skills ... thus never taking an interest in skinning Winamp ... therefore never taking an interest in UI design ... and possibly wouldn't have had the skills to land my first web gig years ago.
Funny how things work out